EU Programme "Creative Europe" (2014-2020)
This EU framework programme supports the cultural, creative and audiovisual sectors with a budget of 1.5 billion Euro. It consists of two sub-programmes for Culture and MEDIA and a cross-sectoral strand, including transnational policy cooperation and a new Guarantee Facility.
The Culture sub-programme supports
- Cooperation between cultural and creative organisations from different countries;
- Initiatives to translate and promote literary works across the European Union;
- Networks helping the cultural and creative sector to operate competitively and transnationally;
- Establishing platforms to promote emerging artists and stimulating European programming for cultural and artistic works.
The MEDIA sub-programme supports
- Initiatives that aim to promote the distribution of works and the access to markets;
- Initiatives for the development of projects or a set of projects (slate funding);
- Support for the production of television programmes or video games;
- Activities to increase interest in and improve access to audiovisual works;
- Activities that promote interests in films, such as cinema networks or film festivals;
- Measures that facilitate international co-production and strengthen the circulation and distribution of works;
- Activities to build the skills and capacities of audiovisual sector professionals.
The Guarantee Facility, to be launched in 2016, is designed to facilitate access to finance for micro, small, and medium sized organisations in the sector, as well as to improve the risk-assessment capacities of participating financial intermediaries.
- Creative Europe Desk Austria
- European Commission - Creative Europe
- Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency
Creative Europe Desk Austria, Culture
II/10/a: Creative Europe Desk Austria
1010 Vienna, Austria
Phone: +43 1 531 15-203692
Creative Europe Desk Austria, Media
Phone: +43 1 526 97 30-406