EU Work Plan for Culture
The main framework for EU cooperation in the field of cultural policy is set in multiannual work plans which are adopted by the Council of the European Union since 2002.
Under the Austrian Presidency, on 27 November 2018, the EU Culture Ministers agreed upon the Work Plan for Culture 2019-2022 which focuses on the following five priorities:
- Sustainability in cultural heritage
- Cohesion and well-being
- An ecosystem supporting artists, cultural and creative professionals and European content
- Gender equality
- International cultural relations
The Work Plan 2019-2022 contains around 40 actions which are mainly implemented by the Presidencies of the Council and the European Commission.
- Council conclusions on the Work Plan for Culture 2019-2022
- Communication from the Commission "A New European Agenda for Culture"
- Eurostat Cultural Statistics
Departement II/10: EU and international culture policy Concordiaplatz 2,
1010 Vienna, Austria
Phone: + 43 1 531 15-203690